On October 10th 1849, twelve sisters and 24 pupils moved from Great George’s Square in Liverpool to the new boarding school founded by the ‘Sisters Faithful Companions of Jesus’ at Lingdale House in Oxton. Lingdale House had been leased, with a view to buy, however on June 19th 1863 the School moved from Lingdale House to Upton Hall.
The FCJ sisters following their purchase of Upton Hall built the main building as an extension. When built, it housed dormitories, classrooms and the dining hall.
A Type 3 Full access sampling and identification survey was carried out to unoccupied areas, in preparation for the demolition of old buildings at the back of the original Hall, to provide space for new teaching rooms, Kitchen & Dining Room, entrance & foyer and additional science labs.
Recommendations were made taking into account the proposed demolition, that licensed asbestos removal contractors under fully controlled conditions remove any identified asbestos, prior to any demolition works.
Bagnall Demolition were later instructed as contractors for the asbestos removal and demolition.